Date Scones Recipe
- A no-added sugar recipe.
- 4 cups of your favorite flour
- (I like Spelt or Barley flour, but you can use wheat, whole wheat, etc.)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 teas good salt (Celtic or sea salt preferably, for flavor and good health)
- 1 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 2 tabs of Baking Powder (aluminum free is best)
- 1 cup of Dates
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 cup boiling water
Mix dry ingredients together and then rub the butter into it.
Cut up the dates into three parts and stand in boiling water till dates are soft and water is cool into this
Mix in one egg and the milk.
Stir together well and mix into the dry ingredients.
Stir to a flexible consistency, adding more liquids if necessary, not runny, not dry but sticking to the spoon, and still able to be slowly poured.
Pour into the greased 8 “x 8" or 6" x 10" baking dish.
Bake @ 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes, Or until firm in the center when tapped and golden brown.
Best eaten warm or fresh with butter on each slice. You can overdo this one, believe me, its good.